- 1/2 c basil leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 c Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 c oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp Essence
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 c Parmesan
- 2 slices dried bread
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 pounds ground meat
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Gather four bowls, three medium-sized and one large size.
- In first medium bowl, soak bread in milk.
- Chop the five fresh herbs and place in second medium bowl.
- Combine the eight dried herbs in third medium bowl. Mix, then add Parmesan and stir.
- Stir soaked bread then add egg and beat to an even consistency.
- Add contents of second bowl of chopped fresh herbs and stir until uniform.
- Repeat with third bowl of dried mixed herbs.
- Combine with ground meat and form meat balls to desired size in oven proof skillet.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, turning and draining off grease as required.
- While cooking, clean large bowl and place paper towel on bottom of bowl.
- When cooked, remove grease by placing the meat balls on the paper towel. Prepare remainder for freezing by cooling on cookie sheet, then freeze in vacuum-sealed freezer bags.
Please follow and like us: