- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g onions, chopped or shallots
- 3 cloves smashed garlic
- 100 g potatoes, cooked, peeled and chopped
- 3 cucumbers washed, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 c stock (vegetable preferred)
- juice of 1/4 fresh lemon or lime or 1 c white wine
- 1 c buttermilk or 3/4 c cream or if serving cold, 3/4 c plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp marjoram or 1/2 tsp oregano or 1/2 tsp sage and 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp dill
- 2 tsp sweet honey mustard
- Precook 1 large potato.
- Stir-fry onions, garlic, and potato in olive oil until the onions are glassy.
- Add butter and cucumber; stir-fry for 2–3 min.
- Add stock and juice or wine.
- Boil soup mixture slightly.
- Add buttermilk or cream or yogurt; add spices, then blend with immersion blender.
- Serve hot or cold. Top with dollop of fresh sour cream.
Please follow and like us: