the computer lady
Marlene has established herself in the area of computer services and is often called upon to troubleshoot a wide variety of computer issues, not limited to the following:
- consultation on new computer and computer peripheral purchases
- consultation on upgrade options for existing computers
- setup and customization of a new computer, peripherals and/or networks
- consultation, setup and customization of software
- training and support
- website development, hosting and maintenance (CMS)
the paper lady
the lady with the camera
Marlene is always the one behind the camera or video equipment, playing with angles, capturing the “right moments,” the right light. She believes that natural light makes for a superior image and will often stand in wait until natural light is just right. She explores unusual reflective surfaces to play with light.
She has photographed authors for the back cover of their books and has her photography used in the creation of front covers. Not a studio photographer, she prefers the statements of the more familiar environment for her subject/s. She is after natural actions and reactions, or poses that reflect a subject’s personality, aiming to capture the looks that disappear far too quickly when a person realizes they are being photographed. She believes the photographer, not the subject, should be doing the bulk of the work in the production of the photographic image.